Friday, August 11, 2017

Have a BEE-utiful Day!


I downloaded this free digi clipart and printed several of them to make cards for  hospitalized children. I started with a daffodil card panel - embossing with a SU! hexagon ef. I embossed some random snippets of dsp in matching colors, fussy cut some and placed them inside some of the hexagon embossed areas for a little honeycomb interest. I used some large gingham ribbon along with a SNSS digital sentiment that was die-cut with SNSS ticket dies, and added 3 tiny hexagon negatives from a previous cutting and called this one done.

I'm sharing this with the Little Red Wagon challenge #406 which is "bugs and slugs"

Here's a 2nd version made a little differently....


I used the same materials, except this one is on a Daffodil cardbase instead of black, and I used a Northwoods stamped sentiment. I also coated the bumble bee with glossy accents to give him a nice shine :)

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a beautiful day too!

Carol

10 comments:

Liz said...

Two super cards, Carol. The little bees are so cute and I love how you've add the extra hexagons inside the embossed background. xx

Wendy said...

That clipart bumble bee is as cute as can bee! I love the embossed honeycomb panel and all the added black & white! The ribbon is a lovely addition, too! Great cards today, Carol! The kiddo's are going to enjoy these! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

*Vicki* said...

That bee is really adorable! I love the two different styles along with your embossed honey comb background! I see you are clever in utilizing those papers again too! :) Super cute cards! Have a fun weekend! HUGS

cotnob said...

Super cards Carol, such a cute image and fabulous designs - your embossed background is perfect.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Both cards are just darling and perfect for the children Carol! Hugs, Brenda

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I love both options and so will the kids! Simply adorable!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely adorable, fabulous cards Carol.
Faith
x

Janice M said...

Too cute! That was the perfect embossing folder too. Sure to bring a smile to some child's face.

Stampsnob. said...

Super cute......Lis

Kate said...

Your cards are so sweet!! The Glossy Accents is a wonderful touch on your adorable bee!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper